Search This Blog

How To Make A Cheap Matte Black Nail Polish Using Elmer's Glue And Black Gel Paste Food Color

Don't ask me why I did this...lol  I was curious what glue would do on my nail if I mixed in a gel paste food color. Well, it worked but it stained my nail...However fingernail polish remover took the stain right off.

 I took a small container and poured some white Elmers glue into the tiny plastic jar and then I added 1 drop of the gel paste food color. This turned it totally black. I mixed it up and took a paintbrush and painted it on my nail. I wasn't going to paint all my nails, because I was just testing this to see what it would do. It gave my nails a matte finish. My daughter said it looked chalkboard nails to her.



 As you can see from the picture I painted my nails really sloppy. I was not worried about making it pretty, I just wanted to see if this actually worked. (so just ignore the tacky painted nail)



 This picture shows the 2 nails dry with a matte finish, and the other nail was wet because I just got done painting it.


This stuff peels right up with ease....BUT it did stain my nail. Go figure. But polish remover took the stain right off. So I guess you can make your matte black nail polish at home with some glue and black gel food coloring.


*It's a lot easier if you just buy the matte black nail polish, but if you don't have any you can always try this. I would just put a clear coat on first and then do it and then add some pretty glitter on top or make a cute snow scene on it and then seal it with a clear coat. The great thing about it is that it will pull right off when you get ready to take it off.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Easter Is Coming To Town Glitter Collection

Easter Is Coming To Town Glitter Collection by GlitterLambs.com  These GORGEOUS glitters are just perfect for Easter Nails!!!!!   All I Want...