Search This Blog

DIY Mason Jar Frosting Lid



DIY Mason Jar Frosting Lid 

I made this for my daughter for her to put her lipgloss in or whatever else she wants to add in it. This sugary delight of goodness was so much FUN to make! This is simple enough for anyone to do. 


What you need:
  • Ziplock Freezer Bag
  • Scissors
  • Frosting Tip #106
  • DAP Alex Plus Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone (got mine at Home Depot)
  • Caulk Gun
  • Mason Jar With Lid
  • Cabochons (plastic food decorations to stick in frosting)


I made a piping bag like I would if I was frosting a cake. I took my scissors and cut a small tip off of the ziplock freezer bag and used a #106 frosting tip. 

I squeezed a very large handful of the caulk into the bag. 

 Then I began to pipe the caulk frosting on the top of the lid.

 Here is what it looked like when I did one layer on the lid. I piped more on top of this and began to build it up higher.

 Here is what it looked like when I got the height I wanted. 

 Then I stuck the cabochons in the frosting. I stuck a lollipop in the top and added some oreos, cookie wafers, M&M's, and some colored beads for sprinkles.

 Here is the finished frosting mason jar lid. Looks really pretty!

 I just love how this turned out! I want to make more now! But I put it up for now. You buy a plain wood picture frame and decorate around the frame the same way. You could add this frosting to so many different things. These would be wonderful for Christmas time. You could make so many Christmas ornaments.

 Love Love Love this!!!! It just looks so REAL! I want to eat it! lol You can buy the little cabachons on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Easter Is Coming To Town Glitter Collection

Easter Is Coming To Town Glitter Collection by GlitterLambs.com  These GORGEOUS glitters are just perfect for Easter Nails!!!!!   All I Want...